Ensure you are always getting the latest Covid-19 information from Canada, Ontario or Niagara dependable sites. (Facebook Friends are NOT reliable information sources)
Niagara Region Public Health Daily Covid-19 Updates: Click Here
Niagara Region Community Resources: is working with the community to ensure residents are connected to resources, services, programs and support during the COVID-19 pandemic. Click Here
Ontario Government Covid-19 Update Page: Click Here français: Cliquez ici (this site has the information available in many other languages)
Health Canada Covid-19 Update Page: Click Here français: Cliquez ici
211 – inCommunities: Has a mandate to Strengthening communities by bringing people and services together. Click Here to check out many valuable resource links. français: Cliquez ici
Click Here to check out the interpretation service that is available for many other languages
Click Here for Key telephone contacts related to Covid-19
Click Here for Twitter feed
Click Here for Facebook posts
Going out safely during COVID-19: Your actions matter. Make informed choices to keep yourself and others safe. Click Here
Public Health requests that schools promote COVID-19 vaccinations for students and staff in schools, including additional doses if recommended for the fall. Vaccines will protect students and staff all the time, regardless of their attention to any other preventive measures.
Strategies to help promote vaccinations include
- Directing parents/guardians with questions about vaccination to credible sources of information, including
- Our COVID-19 Vaccination in Children Six Months to 17 Years of Age webpage. To help promote and direct parents/guardians to this webpage, share or post our poster.
- The SickKids COVID-19 Vaccine Consult Service
- The Provincial Vaccine Contact Centre
- Encouraging parents/guardians to speak with their health care provider about getting accinated. Individuals with questions about getting vaccinated can also visit one of our Public Health clinics (with no obligation to get vaccinated) to speak with a public health nurse.
For vaccine questions, call the Vaccine Preventable Disease program at 905-688-8248 or 1-888-505-6074 ext. 7425.
Supports for families:
Explaining Covid to Kids: Click Here for resources to help families start a conversation with their children about Coronavirus and/or COVID-19
Niagara Parents: Continue to provide timely resources and Covid specific information to support families and children in Niagara during these unprecedented times. Click here for their website and here for their Facebook page
Supports for families:
Face Mask/PPE: The proper use of face masks has been in the news a lot lately. This week we would like to ensure you received the most credible and up to date information regarding the proper use of face masks and other PPE (Personal Protection Equipment).
Public Health Ontario: Proper Procedure for PPE’s
- Click Here for video on putting on one piece face mask
- Click Here to view video on hand washing procedure *Please note that Niagara Region Public Health indicates that handwashing should take at least 20 seconds
- Click Here to view video on using alcohol rubs*Please note that Niagara Region Public Health indicates that when using hand sanitizer you need to rub until hands are dry.
- Click Here to view a video on putting on gloves and Click Here for removing the gloves.
- Click Here to view the video: Is the glam worth the grime? Hand hygiene for health care professionals.
Centres for Disease Control and Prevention: Click Here for information on the use of cloth face coverings
Locally produced Cloth Masks: Eco Chic (by Links for Greener Learning): is a social enterprise that provides a self-employment opportunity for New Canadian women who, due to language or status barriers, might not be able to currently work in a traditional job. The money from their products goes directly to the women and they use donated fabrics and supplies which also diverts these materials from landfill. They are currently making cloth masks for only $3 per mask.
- Call 905-397-5639 or email email@example.com
- Click Here to check out other ecofriendly locally produced products or Click Here to find them on Facebook
Anxiety Canada: Struggling to cope during these uncertain times? Anxiety Canada has tools, tips and resources to help understand and manage your feelings of anxiety. Click Here
Autism Ontario: Click here for a list of resources by category that can help all families manage during this pandemic.
Social Narrative Book: Coronavirus COVID-19 Click here to create your own social narrative book for your child. Created in honest simple terms to educate without scaring your child. Use the code “STAYSAFE” to access it free of charge.
Stronger Minds by BEACON Click Here for a free digital program for all Canadians – to support your mental well-being through the COVID-19. Français: Cliquez ici
The Toronto Hospital for Sick Children: Click Here for resources on COVID-19 and how to help you cope. There are resources on how to support your child’s mental health and general wellbeing through physical activity, sleep, nutrition and learning. Also included are videos and audio meditations to help you cope with stressful thoughts and experiences that occur throughout your day. Français: Cliquez ici
World Health Organization: Click Here for support to parents and projects that will engage children in understanding the coronavirus, the challenges it brings to their world and what can be done to protect them. This is updated regularly so check back. Français: Cliquez ici also available in many other languages
- Bethesda Day at Safari Niagara! Support Bethesda on August 15, 2020 for a day of adventure at Safari Niagara! Tickets are available now at a discounted rate, $24.95 plus HST by clicking here . $3 from every ticket sold at this link will be donated to Bethesda’s Foundation to help fulfill the unmet needs of children, youth and adults with special needs.
- Bethesda Services are offering a wide variety of activities and workshops on their Facebook page, even have Mr. Mike greeting you each morning with a song! Click here to check out all that they are offering for families in Niagara.
Outdoor Adventures in Niagara Region: Click Here for outdoor activities. Get moving with skydiving in Niagara or keep your wheels on the ground with cycling in Niagara-on-the-Lake. Explore St. Catharines, Welland, Fort Erie and Niagara Falls for exciting attractions & outdoor adventures.
- Pathstone TV every Friday is a new episode focused on mental health and wellness delivered by mental health experts and professionals. Click Here
- Catch the Ace and support Pathstone. Starting June 10th, visit pathstoneace.ca to purchase your tickets for a chance to win the weekly cash prize + progressive jackpot if you catch the Ace of Spades.
- Pathstone Mental Health is now open by appointment only. For more information Click Here. Our Crisis & support Line remains open 24.7 at 1-800-263-4944 where you can speak with a counsellor about any problems, big or small.